Woodo`s FD2

woodo

Hi folks.

Well here goes the intro to my FD2 ownership.....

After 11 years of owning a CIVIC EK4 i decided i wanted a change to something fresher and a jap import, was torn between a DC5 and FD2 but swayed towards the FD2 as its less common and just love the shape of it tbh ;)
Got the ball rolling with Torque GT and was originally looking for a FD2 in blue but because it was only offered for one year there is less to choose from and none came up in auction to meet the spec i wanted, well was one and i was about to bid on it but it was pulled from the auction before bidding started :( .

Anyway started looking at other colours and just before xmas 2014 i secured the following car at auction...

It is 2007, grade 4.5 with 21.5k miles on it when converted.

Some pics from dock in Japan...

So after sealing the deal it was exactly 4 months until car was ready to collect...

Picked car up with a friend and shared the 500 mile trip up to the ferry which was an experience but was well worth it as the car exceeded my expectations and is super clean :-D

Had few goodies bought before i even bought the car, i like the oem Honda options and dont think these cars need much.

Mugen grill

Honda access faux carbon dash kit

MUGEN wind deflectors

Picked up these KONI yellows for the rear, used but look like they aint done much mileage

OEM honda ambient lighting kit for footwells

Fitted the KONI rears today and what a difference ! The standard damping on the rear was starting to get to me and now i can enjoy the car more, only went for a 10 minute blast but noticed the difference straight away, have the KONI`S set at half turn from soft at the moment.

Faux carbon trim fitted

Few pics when i got it home,exhaust trim was missing but back on car now.

Wind deflectors on...

Next on the list is to fit the Mugen grill, ordered a brand new badge for it also, badge on the original grill is in great condition but want to leave it on.

Thanks for looking :-D

Thanks folks.

Also took the gathers double din stereo out and the toll reader box also so that i dont hear a Japanese womens voice everytime i put the ignition on.
Pity we have to take these Japanese double dins out as they seem to be decent set ups.

Friend works in alarms /stereos so he hooked up a new Alpine double din for me recently, just need to tap into the wires to get the oem reversing camera working again but should be no problem to him, im useless with electrics!
Alpine unit...

Sounds like a minter with that kind of mileage!

It'd be cool if you could post some night pics of the lighting kit (always wondered what the jack was for behind the push starter).

Edit: would be even more awesome if you report back on using the OEM camera with your Alpine. I'm planning on changing head units but I saw that the cam uses a jack rather than the usual RCA connector.

ReKo said:
Sounds like a minter with that kind of mileage!

It'd be cool if you could post some night pics of the lighting kit (always wondered what the jack was for behind the push starter).

Edit: would be even more awesome if you report back on using the OEM camera with your Alpine. I'm planning on changing head units but I saw that the cam uses a jack rather than the usual RCA connector.

Try and get you pics when friend looks into hooking up camera.

Same with footwell kit as its yet to be fitted also.

Polk - FD2 said:
Very nice mate. Glad you are enjoying it ;)

Thanks buddy.
Had run in car today and I must say the koni shocks in the rear are a great mod, the standard suspension at rear was sort of spoiling the experience for me, koni's can be adjusted to suit so its a win win situation.

Hooked the ambient lighting kit up myself today as it was more or less "plug and play".

Loom that comes as part of the kit goes into fusebox and only an earth to hook up also.
Lights themselves light up red and is 3 of them, one in each footwell and one in centre beside where the 12v output is.

Few 5mm and 10mm holes to drill in plastics for the lights but quite easy to do if you download the instructions which i found online.

The lights only come on when the headlights are switched on via the wiper stalk, seen other kits work when a door is opened but these are aftermarket set ups it seems and not the genuine oem Honda kit.

Will try and get a pic but quite hard as the light ommited is not "blinding" but gives a nice touch to the interior.

Here is a link to the proper instructions for this kit for future ref as you do not get them with the kit from Honda.....
http://www.indigocube.net/eundaddy/08E10-SNW-D000-90JA00.pdf

Well had a day working on the paintwork of the car.

Overall condition of paint is great on the car but just wanted to bring the paint up a bit as it was bit "flat" looking so didnt need much work (still took me all day!).
I have a Meguairs orbital polisher but all work was done by hand today as that was enough and im heart scared of messing my wafer thin CW paint up :shock:

Mixed some "iron cleanse" up 50/50 ratio with water, this breaks down any iron "fallout" on the car and turns purple when reacted with iron, plenty of these products offered now it seems.
Had done my wheels with this gear few weeks back but done bodywork this time.

Rinsed car off and washed it again, was then dryed for next stage.
Went around car with tar remover (think 5 litres was enough :p )

Next was polish, had this sitting so may as well use it up....

Wax next....

Finished off with Z6

Never had a white car so im just experimenting with whatever products i have here, its so hard to get good pics of white i have found so just bare with the phone pics....

Polk - FD2 said:
Excellent! Suits the car so much better.

Think thats why most on here have fitted one also!

Honestly i didnt mind the standard grill but had the Mugen one boxed here for ages so be a shame not to fit it :-D .

I agree that the standard grill looked better than it did in the pictures but the Mugen grill was the deciding factor when I chose my first FD2 so I had to get another one! :-D

Well not much happening over past while, well had a leaking front shock so sorted that out with another low mileage item,the dust boot cover had actually perished and bit got jammed between shock tube and moving rod, dont know if this caused the leaking but its sorted anyway.

Fitted set of "Cree" sidelights in white to match the other lights so no big updates as such.

Ohh pic of my oem boot mat......

Its actually very light but robust at the same time :-D

Back